Green beans are on the small list of vegetables that I eat, I promise I’m working on expanding it Nana! These green beans are super easy and tasty, and go well with lots. Apologies for the lack of photos, I’ll add more next time I make them but I was focused on the main, the Satisfying Onion and Goat Cheese Frittata.
Lemon Dijon Green Beans
- ½ pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or honey, if you don’t have or want to buy agave)
- 1 small clove garlic, grated (use kitchen rasp)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (1 teaspoon fresh tarragon)
Add beans to a pot of boiling, salted water. Let cook for 5-7 minutes (depending on thickness). Remove and immediately rinse beans in cold water. Drain to dry and set aside. Or, use Ziplock Zip ‘n Steam bag to steam green beans and follow instructions on the bag – so easy!
Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, agave/honey, and garlic. Continue to whisk and slowly drizzle in olive oil to emulsify. Finally, stir in parsley.
Toss beans (pat dry if needed) with vinaigrette to serve.
One thought on “Tangy Lemon Dijon Green Beans”
Pingback: Satisfying Onion and Goat Cheese Frittata | My Nana's Kitchen